The first step to organizing a searchable collection of repository items is to define the categories under which the items will be organized. The repository maintains its own set of categories and values.
The User must be an Administrator, Publisher, or Power User to add or edit repository categories and values. The following instructions refer to the Repository Explorer, which can be reached from the Survey Manager by choosing View \ Repository
To add repository search categories:
- Type the name of a new repository category in the Name field.
- Click the Add button next to the name field to add the new category
- The newly-added category should be highlighted in the list of categories. While this item is highlighted, type a value into the Value field below, then click the Add button next to the Value field
- Repeat step 4 to add as many values as needed to the new category. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to add more categories.
- Click Done when finished. This will close the Category Editor and save your changes.
To add values to a category that already exists, simply click on the category in the Categories list and follow step 4 above.