The repository can hold Questions, Question Tables, and Text/HTML items. It cannot hold Collections.
To add an item to the repository, follow these steps:
- In the right pane of the Survey Editor, right click on the item to add to the repository and choose Submit Item(s). This presents the Repository Submission dialog.
- (Optional) Type in any comments to attach to this item in the repository. These comments will appear in the item’s History field when users choose to view the item’s details
- (Optional) Choose a category under which to file this item
- (Optional) If a category has been selected, select a value under which to file the item
- Click OK
- When asked to save the submission, click OK , or the repository submission will be aborted
NOTE: It is possible to submit more than one item at a time to the repository. Hold down the Control key on the keyboard while clicking on each of the items to add, then follow the steps above.
The item will appear in the repository, under the category and value that was specified. If a category and value were not specified, the item will appear in the Uncategorized folder. Categories and values can be assigned to the item even after it has been submitted.
If the item does not appear in the Repository Viewer, choose View Refresh to update the view.
Notice that the item appears in red text. This indicates that it has not yet been approved for reuse. Until it is approved, no users will be able to drop it into their surveys.
See “Approving Repository Items” for information on how to approve a newly submitted item.
Using the Repository Drop
When a designer with sufficient privileges is editing a survey, it is possible to add a question to the repository using the Repository Drop.
Drag the question to the bottom left of the survey editor into the Repository Drop folder. Then follow the steps for adding an item above.