When using the Illume Survey Manager, you can choose to work locally, or to connect to a server by logging in to a specific server location. You can create and edit surveys while working locally, but in order to check in, check out, or publish a survey, users must be connected to a DatStat server.
- Start Illume Survey Manager by double clicking the icon on your desktop, or navigating to the survey manager from your Start menu.
- Check Work Locally
- Click Login
Configuring the Server Connection
The Illume Survey Manager must be configured with the URL of the server location in order to log in.
Follow these steps to add or edit the connection information:
- Start the Illume Survey Designer application. This can be done by double clicking the icon on your desktop, or navigating to the survey manager from your Start menu.
- Click the New button.
- Enter a name for the server to connect to. This name is for your reference – any name can be utilized. This name will appear in the list of available connections.
- Enter the URL of the DatStat Server in the Service Location field. Contact your Administrator to get this information. The URL should be a normal http or https internet address and should be hand entered as opposed to copied and pasted.
- Click OK to add the connection to your list.
Editing an Existing Server Connection
To change the name or the URL of an DatStat server that is already in the list of available connections, select the connection from the list, click Edit, and follow steps 4-6 above.
- Start the Illume Survey Manager
- (Optional) If you have access to more than one DatStat server, click the Options button and select the name of the server you want to log in to from the Connections list
- Enter your User Name and Password
- Click Login