User Groups provide the ability to assign a Role or set of Roles to a Group instead of one-by-one to a number of individual users. Assigning Users to a User Group ensures that all users of that group have the same privileges.
NOTE: A user group can also contain a user group as a member. This gives an organization the ability to have deep hierarchies of privileges. User Group privileges are aggregated at the project level but, User-level privileges will trump all User Group privileges at the specified project.
- Log into the DatStat Gateway as either the Local Administrator or a User with the Administrator Role over the Project where you are adding the User Group.
- In the Enterprise Manager Application click on the User Groups Icon
- Click Take Action
- Select Add User Group
- Enter the Group Name and a description if desired
- On the Illume Roles Tab – Add the Roles that will be used for this group
- Use the Group Members tab to select the Users that will belong to this group.
- Click Save and OK
Note: Any Role assigned to an individual User will supersede the Group Roles. For example if the Group Role gives a User the Power Analyst Role, yet the User was individually assigned the Analyst role for the same Project, the User would only have the Analyst role.