To view Summary Statistics:
- From the Survey page, click the Queries tab, then click on the name of the query to run.
- From the Query Edit page, click the Run Query button at the bottom of the page.
- From the Results page, click the Summary tab.
Summary Results include counts and percentages showing how many times participants chose each available response option. Summary statistics are presented as tables of figures.
For questions with numeric scales, the tables include:
- Count – The total number of responses to a question.
- Min – The response with the lowest value for the given question.
- Max – The response with the highest value for the given question.
- Sum – The sum of all responses to the question.
- Mean – The average value of all responses.
- Median – 50% of responses have a value greater than or equal to this value; 50% have a value less than or equal to this.
- Std Dev – Standard Deviation. A measure of dispersion from the mean.
- Variance – Another measure of dispersion from the mean, this is the square of the standard deviation.
In addition, this display includes the question name and type, the display type and data type, and for items with scales, a list of all the scale values and labels.
Questions with scales also include a chart icon. Click this to see a chart displaying response data. These charts are customizable and are available in a variety of formats. See Charting Results for more information.
Click on any Count value to create a Drill Down filter. The page will refresh to show only those submissions that match the filter.
For example, if the results show 800 participants whose age is 18-21, by clicking on the number 800, the page will refresh to show statistics from only those 800 participants aged 18-21.
Drill down filters can be added by clicking on other counts.
The drill down filters currently in effect appear at the top of the results page. Click Remove next to any filter to remove it. Removing a filter expands the number of results.
After adding or removing filters, they can be saved as part of the query by clicking the Save button at the top of the page. The query can also be saved, with filters, as a new query by clicking Save As.
When filters are saved as part of the query, Illume will apply the filters automatically the next time the query is run.