Unpublishing a survey means reverting it to the prior version. Doing so has two effects:
- Unpublishing deletes the last published version of the survey. For example, assume the survey is published in version 2, then the survey is edited and checked in and out several times, then published again (now making it version 3). If the survey is then unpublished, Illume deletes version 3 of the survey, and all of the unpublished changes checked in between versions 2 and 3. The survey reverts to version 2 as the latest version of the survey.
- Unpublishing DELETES ALL OF THE DATA participants have submitted in response to the version of the survey that was just unpublished. For example, if version 3 of the survey is unpublished, all of the data from version 3 will be lost. Data from versions 1 and 2 will remain.
Only a user with the Administrator role can Unpublish a survey, and only surveys that have been published can be unpublished. To stop a running survey so that it is unavailable to participants, do not use the Unpublish feature. Rather, see the article on Suspending a Published Survey.
To unpublish a survey:
- In the Survey Administration tab of the Illume Survey Manager, right click on the name of the survey to unpublish.
- Choose Un-publish from the context menu.
- Read the warning carefully and click OK.
- Read the second warning carefully and click OK.