Illume 6.1 supports two templates, Default and Responsive, and each template handles buttons in a different manner. When using the Responsive template, the buttons are dynamically generated. Different text can be provided per language for appropriate button display. When in Survey – Preferences – Buttons, select the appropriate language from the language drop-down, and enter the desired button text in the Button Text field as shown below:
When using the Default Template, survey buttons are bitmap images, thus to have buttons appear in a different language, new buttons must be created and imported as Resources. There are many free button-creator websites available for creating your alternate-language buttons.
Below are the ‘Next’, ‘Previous’, and ‘Submit’ buttons for a Spanish survey, which will be used as examples for the remainder of this section. Follow the steps below to include them in your survey.
- Right click each picture and save them to your computer.
- Open up your survey, go to Survey > Survey Resources.
- Add each picture
- Go to Edit > Preferences > Buttons tab
- Change the language in the bottom right corner of the window to ‘Spanish’ using the dropdown
- Click on ‘Next’ and you can change the Image by clicking on the button highlighted in the pictured below:
- Select the image you just uploaded for ‘Next’ and the button has now been changed
- The “Button Text” is the text that will be read if the respondent is using an assistive Screen Reader device for visual impairment.
- Repeat the steps above for the other buttons