Global Submit Events may be configured for a Survey that may or may not be utilized within a DatStat Discovery configuration.
Global Survey Submit Events are used to Add Participants to a Participant List, Update Participants on a Participant List, Assign a Participant to a Derived Participant List, send an Email Alert or send a SMS Text Alert.
They occur anytime a survey is submitted.
Creating a Global Survey Submit Event in the Enterprise Manager
- In the Enterprise Manager
- Expand the Project to view the Surveys within the Project
- Click on Surveys
- Click on the Edit Survey Submit Events Icon
- Select the Data Collection Methods and Submission Types
- Illume Collector – These are the standard surveys submitted online by Participants
- Data Import – Data uploaded to the survey data set with the Data Manager by a User with the Data Import feature enabled
- Remote Data Submit – Survey Data that has be captured by the Remote Data Collection process (submit events take place when RDC synchronization occurs)
- Full Submission – Complete Submission
- Partial Submission – Any point where the participant has stopped the survey before the end. This event takes place when the data posts from the web server. A partial submission can take place multiple times if the participant starts and stops a survey multiple times. Depending on your system settings, the posting of data from the web server can occur every 10 to 30 minutes.
- Enter an Event Description – Optional
- Click Save Event
- Click the Add Action Group in the upper right corner
- Add the Name of the Action Group
- Select the Participant List for which the actions will impact
- Click the Save button
- Click on the Action Conditions Tab, which is now enabled
- Click the Add Action Condition Icon to select from Survey or Participant data for the conditions
- Enter appropriate conditions using the to save each row before adding another
- If the Action Condition Comparison Type is “Complex Expression” write out the Complex Expression in the Action Comparison Type Advanced Field
NOTE: Use the Edit icon to edit specific conditions and the Delete icon to delete
- Click the Actions Tab
- Click the Add Action icon in the Actions Tab
- Select the appropriate Action from the drop-down
- Enter the appropriate information depending on your Action.
- Email Alert – Enter Email information, click Save Email Alert Action when completed See Creating an Email Job for more information on the Email Fields
- SMS Alert Action – Enter the SMS information and Click the Save SMS Alert Action button See SMS Alerts for more information
- Update Participant – will update the same participant who is taking the survey
- Select the Participant Properties to update using the to save each
- Add Participant – Adds an Unauthenticated Participant to a Participant list
- Select the Participant List where the Participant is to be added
- Select the Participant Properties to add using the to save each
- Assign Participant – Assign a Participant from one Derived list to another that is associated to the same Master Participant List
- Select the Destination Participant List – NOTE: This must be another Derived List associated to the same Master List or a Master list to its associated Derived List
- Select the Participant Properties to set on the new list from the fields on the existing list
- Click Save and OK when complete