The Data Import is performed using the Data Manager. Below are some simple steps designed to help guide the Data Import process.
- In the Data Manager.
- Click on the desired survey to import data into
- Select the Import Data tab *
- Provide the name of the tab-delimited data file
- Click the Upload button and check for any errors
- If there are errors, either correct them in the data file or chose to suppress them by selecting the Error Reporting options on the Import Data tab
- (Optional step) After no errors are reported, select the data file again, click the Import as Test Data option, and then click the Import button. After the data has been imported as test data, run some queries and make sure the data was imported properly. This test data can be quickly removed by selecting the Test Data tab and clicking the Delete Rows button
- To import into production select the data file again, click the Import as Production Data option, and then click the Import button
NOTE: that undoing this operation is a very time intensive process and requires a user to manually delete each submission. It is recommended to import the data as test data first as outlined in the previous step.
NOTE: Survey data for Data Import must be specified as a tab-delimited text file with the variable names as the first row of the file.
NOTE: Data Import must be enabled for each user that will be using the feature.
* If the Import Data tab is not visible see the system administrator. This might be due to the fact that the Data Import feature has not been purchased, or Data Import hasn’t been enabled in the Illume license, or Data Import hasn’t been enabled for the user currently logged in.