This applies to:
Remote Data Capture
Release Date: June 1, 2018
This release targets two specific changes that are large issues for customers who experience them: 1) Allowing users to opt-out of the MX lookup process for email job processing and 2) Addressing a long time RDC issue that interferes with data syncing.
- Users can now choose whether or not their emails should go through the MX lookup process when being processed and sent by Illume or Discovery in order to work around SMTP configurations that don’t work well with the default behavior.
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from successfully re-downloading surveys to the RDC client when participant lists were being synced due to a timing issue.
- Fixed a bug that caused data change to omit newly cleaned data from the review modal that didn’t previously have a value.
- Bounced emails sent to the configured Bounced Email Message Forward Address will always be automatically deleted even when the “Force Deletion of Bounced Email Messages” setting is configured to No.
- When participant are being deleted in bulk, users are unable to login to the system due to database locking that occurs during the delete process.
- Scheduled tasks are hard coded to be scheduled at midnight when added to a participants workflow regardless of when the task is actually added to the participant.
- Parameters that are copied into surveys from surveys with translation packages cannot be deleted until a translation package for each referenced language is made in the new survey, then the translation packages may also be deleted.
- Validations do not show on the screen for select-one, poplist questions when they are used in the Login collection.
- Changes to the survey header or footer do not update for all languages when there are multiple translation packages configured for the survey.
- Text Message study tasks do not save when the study task was originally created as an email and then edited to be a text message.
- Participant filer values are not adjusting correctly when users use date filters and switch between operators.
- Submission data for test published surveys are not displaying in the Data Manager.
- Each time a participant logs into the same survey session, another partial session is added to the transaction log count of partial sessions against that survey.
- Viewing a participant that has a milestone with no study tasks currently added will cause an internal server error on the participant details page.
- Configuring columns on the Site Groups data grid results in a number of specific columns to either be missing from the configuration or showing empty values in the grid when there are values.
- Participant properties with the data type of decimal do not allow participant update action groups to update them.
- Users are able to configure interviewer login for unauthenticated surveys even though the feature is not supported for unsecured surveys.
- The value captured in the DatStat.Site built-in variable gets wiped out when the participant chooses to start over a partial session.
- Users are unable to use the “Add as a Caseowner Until this Appointment is Closed” configuration option on appointments when the selected user is not already configured as an additional caseowner for the given participant.
- Response options that are hidden by show-if logic, but had previously been the selected option for the question, will throw Invalid Response errors when the participant attempts to navigate to the next page of the survey even though the question is not required and the previously selected response is now dirty data.
- Users can successfully associate multiple participant lists to an authenticated survey even though the property used for authentication contains duplicate values across the participants on the selected lists.
- Users without the Get User permission will receive an internal server error when changing the Study Task Type in the My Calendar view page of Discovery.
- The maximum character length configuration option for text field questions in responsive surveys does not prevent participants from entering more characters that allows, but will simply throw an error when they try to navigate to the next page.
- The column width configuration option for question tables in responsive surveys does not properly apply the configured width to all of the table columns.
- Loop data capture for predefined loops is not being properly mapped to the survey results data and thus making it impossible to view the loop results data.
- When changing languages in the middle of a test published survey, a new session is created with the new language for that survey instead of the current session being resumed with the new language.
- Text field survey questions configured with the Time data type will not capture data during a live survey.
- Users cannot capture data for survey variables through URL query string parameters.
- Users are not redirected to the query results list when clicking on the Raw Data tab of the data manager after running a query.
- Users cannot preview surveys from the Survey Administration tab of the survey manager desktop client.
- Users see data type errors when importing data that they had downloaded using the SQL data download format.
- Exporting a study will omit text message content if there are text message communications configured in the study.
- If a user configures different URLs for loop summary buttons in a multilingual survey, the button will fail to load on the screen in the live survey.
- Users are not notified of successful data imports if rows in the file are for participants that do not have open study tasks.
- Users are unable to add question tables to the question repository, nor are they able to preview questions in the question repository.
- When changing the value of a check all that apply question or preload with Data Change, the new value list shows as a select one drop down instead of a check all that apply list making it so that users cannot select multiple options.
- Survey buttons have inconsistent amounts of padding between them in mobile rendering mode when buttons are configured in different groups.
- The Extranet user type does not properly give users with that type access to the Data Manager where they can view extranet reports.
- Users are not able to disable DATSTAT_SITE or DATSTAT_TIMEZONE even though the disable checkbox is available when editing the properties and no error appears when saving the properties as disabled.
- When Illume’s time zone settings are set behind the server time zone setting, dates saved by the system will be saved several hours or days earlier than Illume’s configured time zone.
- The default button text for the button used to restore previous survey sessions should be Continue.
- The minimum column width setting for question tables is not functional.
- Check All That Apply questions that are configured with multiple columns to display checkbox options will display the options out of order when previewing.
- Using the minimum button width setting will cause buttons to stack in the survey.
- There is no padding between the survey question and the error message text/styles in the responsive survey rendering.
- Users are asked to select a participant list in RDC for unauthenticated surveys when both an unauthenticated and authenticated survey are being added simultaneously.
- The “Register Issue” feature for users of the platform throws an internal server error when trying to submit the issue.
- Parameters with a lower case name return an error when attempting to change the name or value configuration for the parameter.
- The Data Manager allows data imports to be done with excel files, but doing so results in empty submissions being added to the survey.
- The Data Change module will only display 25 survey sessions in its datagrid if there are more than 500 sessions in the database for that survey.
- The Data Change module will only display 25 surveys in its datagrid if there are more than 500 surveys published on the system.
- The Survey Comments Summary feature in the desktop client does not display survey comments in the Review All Comments list.
- Getting an error when trying to delete a study with excessive status codes.
- An internal server error is thrown with a user selects a time zone that is not supported in the system.
- “Last modified by name” column header uses the database column name instead of the end user label in Discovery.
- Hidden properties should be hidden from all data grids, not just the data grids when viewing participants.
- Users who try to launch surveys from Discovery that they do not have permissions to access will experience an internal server error.
- Data imports will fail is the file contains one or more session IDs that have been deleted from the database.
- Individual column filters for a datagrid in Data Change are not always blank by default.
- When viewing/editing queries in Data Chagne the clear/”x” button does not work in the query details pane after updating the query.
- Unique state of properties in the Import participants modal Duplicate Participant Warnings section do not match configured states.
- Data Change feature is not disabled when Data Change is not enabled in the license.
- Improper dropdown menu shown while copying nested tasks.
- When saving content on a tab, the user gets redirected to the first tab on that particular page instead of back to the tab they were working on.
- When viewing a submission in the data change module the “comment” column should be hidden and not required when making changes on a system that does not have auditing enabled.
- Regular expression validations for participant list columns are not working.
- Prompt headers are not displayed in question tables when taking an Illume survey.
- The Reports table in Data Manager does not display the owner of reports listed in the table until the report has been published and the user logs out and back in to the system.
- Assign actions should be removed when the participant list for the action group is changed.
- Participant list columns of type date/time cannot be changed to another type even if no participant on the list has a value within that column.
- Hidden tag is not supported for use with check all that apply questions.
- Participant address remains in the participant information section of the participant details page even when the “Set participant properties” checkbox is unchecked.
- When viewing the Scheduled Task Execute Events tab under the Study Task Events section, the message should say “No scheduled task execute events defined” instead of “No scheduled task runtime events defined.”
- Participant Assign Action on save shows the Study Arm GUID Value instead of the Study Arm Name.
- Multiple workflow events can be added to study task, and milestone event sections if the user clicks the Add Workflow Event icon and closes the modal without clicking save several times in row without refreshing the page.
- Participant date properties cannot be used for survey authentication.
- Special characters (%$#) used in file names cannot be referenced from survey resources.
- Selecting the “Resource” option in the style editor for Backgroundimage without adding a resource causes an exception.
- When viewing an individual session data in the web console, if the survey contains loops only data from the first iteration of the loop is shown.
- Checking in a template file allows you to try and publish it to your system as a survey.