This applies to:
Remote Data Collection
Release Date: July 15, 2016
This maintenance release was focused on upgrading our user authentication practices to use OAuth 2 and addressing a number of significant bugs that were causing unnecessary inconveniences. Twenty-one bugs and six improvements were included in this release.
Important Notes about this upgrade
Customers who upgrade to this version of Illume Next will need to install the latest Illume Next desktop client in order to continue to publish new surveys to their systems.
Additionally, for self-hosted customers doing their own upgrades, all of the config files for the DesignerService, Collector, and WebUI will need to be replaced with the template file.
There are no new features for the Illume Next product as part of this maintenance release.
- Illume’s database has been altered so that it is compatible with Azure SQL allowing Illume databases to be hosted in the Azure cloud.
- Question tables in the responsive rendering now have less padding separating the table from the table’s instructions so that proximity lets the participant know the two are related.
- The default size of the survey title text in the responsive rendering has been increased to 32px and margin has been added around it to separate it from the edges of the browser window.
- The default text size of question prompts in the responsive rendering has been increased to 18px.
- Users can now configure their own timeout length when using the DownloadAuditTrail utility to get large amounts of audit data from Illume.
- When users login to Illume, the system now uses OAuth 2 to authenticate them.
- An issue preventing users from approving and publishing checked-in surveys has been resolved
- An issue with the responsive survey rendering that was preventing survey resources from rending in Internet Explorer 9 has been fixed.
- Illume Administrators can now configure participant lists in their systems to use the Relations feature and configure relation options.
- Commentary boxes in the responsive survey rendering that are configured to have widths that exceed that of a standard mobile or tablet screen width no longer create horizontal scrolling when taking the survey in mobile or table mode.
- Response options for the likert scale rendering option of select one questions in the responsive rendering now have a standard/minimum amount of padding between them.
- Users no longer receive an “Object Reference Error” that prevents them from editing and saving any changes to the DATSTAT_CASEOWNER property on a participant list.
- Importing participant data no longer requires that the DatStat built in properties be capitalized. Importing built in property data is now case insensitive.
- Participant lists will no longer be corrupted by “ghost” scale values being added to the DATSTAT_TEST variable. The “ghost” scale values are no longer being created each time the property is edited and saved.
- Customers who upgrade to Illume Next from a 5.1.1 or 6.0 version will no longer experience data type errors for data types that were changed or removed from Illume Next when updating participant list properties.
- The responsive survey rendering now uses padding between questions that is consistent across all three rendering modes.
- User Agreements can no longer be signed by a user other than the user that logged in.
- The password history feature no longer prevents Illume Administrators from editing user accounts.
- Single quotation marks entered into text fields will no longer render as their HTML encoded values when navigating back and forth between survey pages.
- The radio/checkbox control size setting in the survey style tree now properly affects the sizing of both radio options and checkboxes.
- Extra instructional messaging has been added to the Multi-Control question and Multi-Control question table editors to warn users that the preloads they create for their questions must have a value type that is compatible with the control type being used.
- Users can now use the “Equals” operator successfully in filters throughout the platform for comparing dates, times, and date/times.
- Submissions created through the data import feature are now displayed on the General tab of the Data Manager when viewing a survey.
- Users can again configure nested study tasks in Discovery to close automatically with a specified status code when the parent study task is closed.
- Users are again able to use the “Create Contact Log Entry with Selected Status Code” feature in Discovery when configuring communication tasks in their workflows.
- Participant survey study tasks no longer get automatically updated to a final complete status code as soon as the survey is launched
Remote Data Collection
- Syncing data from the RDC module in the Illume Next Survey Manager desktop client no longer fails due to a new copy of the survey that is being synced not being retrieved from the server.
- The Product Announcement page by passes the User Agreement page. A user may never be required to sign a user agreement if they always see the product announcement page on login.
- There is no padding between the survey question and the error message text/styles in the responsive survey rendering.
- Users are asked to select a participant list in RDC for unauthenticated surveys when both an unauthenticated and authenticated survey are being added simultaneously.
- The “Register Issue” feature for users of the platform throws an internal server error when trying to submit the issue.
- Parameters with a lower case name return an error when attempting to change the name or value configuration for the parameter.
- The data manager does not prevent data imports with files using non-supported file types and results in multiple extraneous, empty submissions to be added to the survey.
- The Data Change module will only display 25 survey sessions in its datagrid if there are more than 500 sessions in the database for that survey.
- The Data Change module will only display 25 surveys in its datagrid if there are more than 500 surveys published on the system.
- The Survey Comments Summary feature in the desktop client does not display survey comments in the Review All Comments list.
- Getting an error when trying to delete a study with excessive status codes.
- An internal server error is thrown with a user selects a time zone that is not supported in the system.
- “Last modified by name” column header uses the database column name instead of the end user label in Discovery.
- Hidden properties should be hidden from all data grids, not just the data grids when viewing participants.
- Users who try to launch surveys from Discovery that they do not have permissions to access will experience an internal server error.
- Individual column filters for a datagrid in Data Change are not always blank by default.
- When viewing/editing queries in Data Change the clear/”x” button does not work in the query details pane after updating the query.
- Unique state of properties in the Import participants modal Duplicate Participant Warnings section do not match configured states.
- Data Change feature is not disabled when Data Change is not enabled in the license.
- Improper dropdown menu shown while copying nested tasks.
- When saving content on a tab, the user gets redirected to the first tab on that particular page instead of back to the tab they were working on.
- When viewing a submission in the data change module the “comment” column should be hidden and not required when making changes on a system that does not have auditing enabled.
- Prompt headers are not displayed in question tables when taking an Illume survey.
- The Reports table in Data Manager does not display the owner of reports listed in the table until the report has been published and the user logs out and back in to the system.
- Assign actions should be removed when the participant list for the action group is changed.
- Participant list columns of type date/time cannot be changed to another type even if no participant on the list has a value within that column.
- Hidden tag is not supported for use with check all that apply questions.
- Participant address remains in the participant information section of the participant details page even when the “Set participant properties” checkbox is unchecked.
- When viewing the Scheduled Task Execute Events tab under the Study Task Events section, the message should say “No scheduled task execute events defined” instead of “No scheduled task runtime events defined.”
- Participant Assign Action on save shows the Study Arm GUID Value instead of the Study Arm Name.
- Multiple workflow events can be added to study task, and milestone event sections if the user clicks the Add Workflow Event icon and closes the modal without clicking save several times in row without refreshing the page.
- Participant data properties cannot be used for survey authentication.
- SDK GetResponseDataType does not return accurate information when variables does not exist in the survey.
- Special characters (%$#) used in file names cannot be referenced from survey resources.
- Selecting the “Resource” option in the style editor for Backgroundimage without adding a resource causes an exception.
- When viewing an individual session data in the web console, if the survey contains loops only data from the first iteration of the loop is shown.
- Checking in a template file allows you to try and publish it to your system as a survey.