The following additional changes have been made in the Illume Survey Editor to improve end user experience. These features are supported in the Responsive mode only:
- Navigation Buttons: Previously, navigation buttons were images found in the Resource library of a survey, which led to a lengthy editing process that required other software. In Illume Next, navigation buttons are dynamically rendered on the survey web page. Users have the ability to adjust the color within the Style Editor, and button text within the Preferences Editor (under Survey > Preferences > Buttons).
- Transitions: Users may set a transition (i.e. Fade, To Top, To Bottom, To Left or To Right) from page to page, as well as define the number of milliseconds of elapsed time for the transition. The transition can be set to Fade, To Top, To Bottom, To Left, or To Right. This results in a smoother, PowerPoint-like transition as the Next button is hit and the subsequent screen loads on the page.
- Default Text: The default text found on pages within Survey > Preferences > Page Text has been modified to be simpler and concrete.
- Survey Header Wizard: Users can more easily edit the style of the Survey Header via the Survey Header Wizard found under the Survey > Header menu. Users can add and control the position of title text, an image (e.g. a logo), and a progress bar; the Survey Header Wizard will ensure all components are placed appropriately. The ability to create the header manually remains.
- Checkboxes & Radio Buttons: rendering style of checked radio buttons and checkboxes are now more appealing, as in the examples below:
- Date Selection: Questions that require a date to be entered automatically provide a “date picker” for easy selection of dates, as in the example below:
- Placeholder Text: Questions of Text display type may utilize placeholder text to assist with accurate data entry. The example above for Date of Surgery demonstrates this feature, wherein the Label is applied as “inline,” such that it appears as pale text within the text box, yet disappears as soon as the text box is clicked.
- Default Template: The Responsive Default Template for new surveys has been enhanced to be more visually appealing.