To view all items in the repository:
- Click on the Search tab of the Repository Explorer.
- Click the Clear All Search Criteria button.
- Click the Search button.
All repository items will appear.
NOTE: Retired items will not appear. To see retired items the User must be an Administrator, and must specifically search for retired items. See “Reactivating Repository Items”.
There are two ways to see detailed information about repository items:
Viewing Item Details
To get more information about an item:
Illume will present the following items:
- Creator – The name of the Illume user who added this item to the repository.
- Latest Version – The current version number of the item. Each time the item is revised, the version number increases by one. This number is important! See the note on versions under Editing Repository Items.
- Description – This is a brief text description of the item.
- Search Category Values – This is a list of all of the repository categories and values with which this item is
- associated. Note that this refers to repository categories and values, which are separate from survey search categories and values.
- Survey References – A list of all surveys that use this repository item. Each entry in the list follows the format Survey Name (ITEM NAME). ITEM NAME is the name under which the repository item appears in the survey.
- History – This is a brief description of any changes or administrative actions (such as approval) that have been applied to this item.
- HTML Preview – This is what the item looks like to a participant.
Editing Repository Items
Double click on an item to see the item in an editor.
Questions will appear in the usual question editor, question tables in the Question Table Editor, and Text/HTML items in the Text/HTML editor.
Edits to a repository item have to be approved. Surveys which consume an older version of the repository item will continue to use the older version until the repository items in the survey are explicitly updated.